Friday, November 14, 2014

Daft Punk Tron Cosplay: Final results!

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for: The complete cosplay, in action! (I actually didn't get any good shots from PAX East, so these are a conglomeration from MIT Maker Faire, and Halloween from this year.)



And a very terrible quality video of the lights reacting to external sound input: 




And then, just for shiggles, I did my own take on the quintessential "Slutty ____" costume for Halloween with...slutty daft punk. 


And that's a wrap! I've certainly learned a lot from this project, and all in all, the entire setup is surprisingly robust; I'm able to wear it and have it work after four months of storage, and I've worn the entire getup for at least 50 hours in total, with lights on for at least 10 hours, and haven't had to change the batteries yet! 

I plan to make a second version of this helmet, knowing what I now know; planned upgrades include from-scratch electronics that react to frequency as well as volume, better finish through vacuum bagging the carbon fiber wrap and spending more quality time with bondo and sandpaper, and a professionally tinted visor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment